Windows XP Application Compatibility Update
Windows XP was designed to permit post-installation improvement via downloadable updates.
The Windows XP Application Compatibility Update is a package of software updates that help Windows XP users to expand their application compatibility support—or avoid common issues—with certain applications. Microsoft recommends that you download this compatibility update if you are having problems with any of the programs this update is designed to support.
This update applies to Windows XP (build 2600).
You don't need to do anything after installing this
- Click Start and then click Control Panel.
- Click Add or Remove Programs.
- Click Windows XP Application Compatibility Update and then click Change/Remove.
This update addresses issues in the following programs (US versions only, unless otherwise noted):
- 102 Dalmatians Puppies to the Rescue - Disney
- Audigy Utilities - Creative Labs
- AVIChop - Vasili Papaconstantinou
- B-17 Flying Fortress - Microprose
- BackWeb Lite Installer - BackWeb
- DrEye2001 - Inventec
- Emergency Fighters for Life - WizardWorks
- FIFA 2002 - EA Sports
- Half-Life CounterStrike - Sierra
- Hoyle Card Games 5 - Sierra
- Humongous Registration Program - Humongous Entertainment
- IConfig - SCM Microsystems Inc.
- Jamella Diablo II Editor - Jamella (US and Korean versions)
- Jekyll and Hyde - DreamCatcher Interactive
- Midtown Madness - Microsoft
- Midtown Madness 2 - Microsoft
- Moon Tycoon - Legacy Interactive
- MTV TRL Trivia - Take2 Interactive
- Need For Speed: Porsche Unleashed - Electronic Arts
- NHL 2002 - EA Sports
- Official Formula 1 Racing - EIDOS
- PhotoDeluxe Business Edition 1.0 - Adobe
- The Playa - Project Mayo
- PrintMaster 4.0 - MindScape
- Sasami 2000 - Nuclei (Korean only)
- SimMania for Kids: SimTunes - Maxis
- SimMania for Kids: Widget Workshop - Maxis
- SimMania for Kids: Sim Park - Maxis
- TaxCut Deluxe 2001 - Block Financial Software
- Triple Play 2002 - EA Sports
- Ventura 8: CorelDraw - Corel
- Works 2001: Calendar - Microsoft
Note This update rolls up and addresses issues included in the previous Windows XP Application Compatibility Updates and is intended to replace them. The list of programs that were addressed in the previous update can be found in the following Microsoft Knowledge Base article:
Q313484 Windows XP Application Compatibility Update - December 17, 2001. (This site is in English.)